Weekend in Tirana
Do you want to spend a weekend among young, beautiful and lively people in places where prices are frozen in time? Tirana is your city!!!
The city is much about cocktail bars and pubs as clubbing, all within 15 min walk. On this tour you’ll experience life as a local of the Capital (a true Tirons!) and also learn its history and traditions.
Maximum group size: 10 travelers
Let use handle the details
Expert Tour Director
Your tour includes: Your tour hightlights:
Tirane 2 nights
Day 1: Travel day
Included : Two drinks
Airport pick-up service available throughout the day (included).
Welcome to Albania!
- Get settled in the hotel and set off a guided tour of the city in the afternoon.
- Short tour of Pubs and Lounges of the Blloku area before getting settled in two different places for drinks.
Day 2: Communist History Tour & Learning to dance “valle”
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Included entrances: Museums, Local Guide
- We start our journey of the past at the Bunk’ Art Museum with a full – immersion of the Albanian history of the last 100 years. The ex – nuclear bunker, build to accommodate Communist Dictator Hoxha in the event of attack, tells us the story of the dictator’s time through photographs, items and documents.
- After we step out of Bunk’ Art, we head for “qofte” ( meat balls ) or “byrek”, typical Tirana’s street food.
- Enter in the National Gallery of Arts for many socialist realist art. Powerful images give a sense of how “realistic” art was used to create propaganda.
- Behold the pyramid, the former “Enver Hoxha Museum”. Its once – white marble walls are now crumbling and full of graffiti. Discover its history from our local Tour Director.
- Coffee break at Komiteti – Kafe Museum for some raki, communist candy and maybe some coffee also.
- We will walk through the Blloku area, where we discover the home of Enver Hoxha and other senior members of his regime. We will stop at the Post Blloku memorial, which honors former political prisoners, in an area once forbidden to enter.
- It is time for another “sweet stop”. The area is well – known for typical pastry products and cake of Tirana.
- We visit the Museum of Surveillance, the HQ of the “Sigurimi” secret police and the heart of the regime’s phone – tapping network. The “House of Leaves” ( as Known by locals ) hid many stories, being used as the gestapo HQ ( 1943 – 1944 ) and “investigation and torture house” by Albanian secret police afterwards.
Dinner at the sounds of traditional Albanian music, where you will have the chance to learn the steps of various dances.
Optional Midnight transfer to clubs!
Day 3: Departure
Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures)
Transfer to the airport for your return flight home.