Shkodra’s food & culture
On this tour we explore Albanian’s culture capital and one of the oldest cities in Europe: Shkodra. Photography and art fans will find it particularly fascinating. You’ll enjoy Lake Shkoder views from the ancient Rozafa Fortress, a vast collection of photographs from Pietro Marubi ( a pioneer photographer ) dating from the second part of 1800’s and the treat for the eyes that is the Old Town.
- Lunch in Shiroke, well known for its fish cuisine, quietness and natural beauty.
- Amazing views and fascinating history of the Rozafa Fortress.
- Marubi Museum of Photography
From April 1st, upon Request
Departure: 09:00 am ( Hotel pick – up )
Included: Transportation, Tour Director, Lunch, Museum Entrances.
Getting around: Private motor coach, walking.
Let us take care of details
Expert Tour Director
Local cuisine and
Historical sightseeing with local guide
- On our way to Shkoder, we make a visit to the National Museum of Skanderbeg’s Grave. Discover the Memorial’s history and step inside Saint Nicolas Cathedral with its original fresco and decorations.
- We transfer to Shkoder and visit the Rozafa Fortress. Enjoy amazing views, the fortress’s fascinating history and the museum’s exhibit in a guided tour.
- With a short drive from the city we head for lunch in Shiroke. This small town on the lake is well known for its fish cuisine, quietness and natural beauty.
- In the afternoon experience the Old Town, St. Stephen’s Catholic Cathedral, Ebu Bekr Mosque and Marubi Museum ( Albania’s best photography collection ) on a local guided tour.
- Enjoy free time in the “Pedonalja”, the beating heart of Shkodra. Equipped with everything you need to relax, it’s a great street to wander around, shop and drink something.
- En route to Tirana, stop in Mesi Bridge for a short scenic visit. This lovely bridge, built in 1750, will bring you back in time and give you plenty of chances for great pictures.
- Drop off at hotel or anywhere in Tirana