Apollonia, founded during the first half of the 6th century BC, was one of the largest cities of the Adriatic basin. Preserved in an exceptional condition, its architecture suggests the mingling of western and eastern building traditions.
Durrës ( Dyrrah ), founded in the 700th BC by ancient Greek settlers from Corinth and Corcyra, is one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities.
- Tour of Apollonia from an on – site archeologist.
- Lunch in Divjake, in a restaurant inside the forest of the Lagoon of Karavasta.
- Durrës’s guided tour of the ruins and its street – art.
From April 1st, upon Request
Departure: 09:00 am ( Hotel pick – up )
Included: Transportation, Tour Director, Lunch, Guide by on – site archeologist, Museum and archeology sites Entrances, Coffee break.
Getting around: Private motor coach, walking.
Let us take care of details
Expert Tour Director
Local cuisine and Fresh Fish
Historical sightseeing with archeologist guide
- On our way to Apollonia, stop in Golem Beach for beachfront coffee break. Set off on a guided tour in Apollonia, where an on – site archeologist explains the history behind the temple of Artemis, the Odeon, the Triumphal Arch and more…
- We head for lunch in Divjake, in a restaurant inside the forest. Food is always fresh ( fish recommended ) and we will have the chance to visit the Lagoon of Karavasta, the largest lagoon in Albania.
- In the afternoon transfer to Durrës, for a guided tour of the city’s famed ruins. We will wander around its City Walls, Byzantine Forum, roman Thermal Baths, the Venetian Tower and more. Visit its Amphitheater and Archeological Museum with a local guide.
- Coffee break on top of the Venetian Tower before travelling back to Tirana.
- Drop off at hotel or anywhere in Tirana.