Intercity Transport Albania
The first thing you need to know as travelers visiting Albania is to forget your way of using public transport in your country. Here it functions the Albanian way, however it does function. So here you go:
How it functions: intercity transportation among Albanian cities mostly functions with buses, with minibuses (furgon) mostly operating informally now. Try to not waste your time searching for online time tables or online tickets. Buses usually run every hour, whereas minibuses will leave the bus station as soon as they get enough people.
From Tirana the main routes are:
1) Southbound: From Tirana to
- Durrës ⇒ Every 30min from 6.30AM to 7.30PM.
- Fier ⇒ Every 30min from 6.30AM to 5.30PM.
- Vlorë ⇒ Every 30min from 5.30AM to 5.30PM.
- Himarë ⇒ 6.15AM, 1PM (8.30PM also during summer).
- Berat ⇒ Every 30min from 6.30AM to 5.30PM.
- Tepelenë ⇒ 11AM, 1PM, 2PM.
- Gjirokastër ⇒ 6.45AM, 8AM, 9AM, 10AM, 11AM, 12AM, 1PM, 2.30PM, 3.30PM,6.30PM.
- Sarandë ⇒ 7AM, 8AM, 9.30AM, 10.30AM, 12.30PM, 4PM.
- Përmet ⇒ 6.30AM, 7.30AM, 12.30AM, 2PM, 5PM.
Southbound buses depart from South Interurban Station at Dogana
2) Northbound: From Tirana to:
- Shkoder ⇒ 7AM, 8AM, 9AM, 10AM, 11AM, 11.45AM, 12.30AM, 1.15PM, 2PM, 2.45PM, 3.30PM, 4.15PM, 5PM.
- Kruje ⇒ 10AM, 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM, 6PM.
- Kukes ⇒ 7AM, 9AM, 11AM, 1PM, 4PM, 6PM.
- Pershkopi ⇒ 6AM, 8AM, 10AM, 11AM, 1PM, 2PM, 4PM, 5PM.
- Bajram Curri ⇒ 6AM, 8AM, 10AM, 12AM, 2PM.
Northbound buses depart from North Bus Terminal:
3) Southeast: From Tirana to:
- Elbasan ⇒ Every 30min from 6AM to 8PM
- Pogradec ⇒ Every hour from 7.30AM to 4.30PM
- Korcë ⇒ Every hour from 6.30AM to 5.30PM
- Ersekë ⇒ 6AM, 10AM, 2.30PM.
Southeast buses depart from “Qytet Studenti” station.
4) International & Kosovo buses: From Tirana to:
Internationa & Kosovo buses depart from International and Kosovo Bus Terminal: